Recently, Dr. Diane Langberg lectured on the characteristics of narcissistic leaders and the temptations for systems to support them. Watch the series after the break…
No designer wants to be trendy. And the ones that do never rise to the top. Therefore, LogoLounge has provided a helpful report of what they see currently trending in the design world. Here’s what they say about the report:
“At the writing of this report there are more than 212,000 logo on the LogoLounge website, submitted from designers all over the world.
In studying these large collections, trends are noted. The intention of this report is to share with you what we see, not to make suggestions for what you should do. Often a trend we see may be an outgrowth of a direction identified in a previous report. Proof that the product of this industry is part of a healthy evolutionary cycle.
Perhaps the greatest value of these reports is to enable designers to map out the trajectory of specific styles, concepts, techniques and solutions. Once a chain of design evolution is identified, it is much simpler to forecast and design the next step in the sequence.”
Below are some examples of trends in logo designs:
1. Gutenberg.org — Over 45,000 free ebooks in various formats.
2. LibriVox.org — Free public domain audiobooks read by volunteers around the world.
3. Bartleby.com — The preeminent Internet publisher of literature, reference, and verse.
4. PoemHunter.com — A catalog of free poems.
5. LiteraturePage.com — Your place to read classic books, plays, stories, poems, essays, and speeches online.
6. OpenLibrary.org — Over 1,000,000 free ebooks.
7. FullTextArchive.com — A collection of novels, plays, and poems.
8. WikiBooks.org — Open-content textbooks collection that anyone can edit.
9. QuotesAndPoem.com — A vast collection of searchable famous quotes and poems.
10. PublicBookshelf.com — Over 600 free romance novels.
11. Bibliomania.com — Free online literature with over 2000 classics and study guides.
12. Fiction.us — Short stories, children’s picture books, poems, and more.